Thursday, March 8, 2012

Learning styles

Every child is born bursting with personality. It amazes me how different they are from the minute I hold them for the first time. And so it follows that children learn in different ways.
One student may need a lot of visuals and need one on one tutoring, while another student can read material alone and grasp the concepts needed to go forward in the subject.
My daughter needs a lot of time with me explaining her math and sciences, and she learns better with visuals. My son on the other hand can be given a book, notebook, pencil and a quiet place to learn to read and understand the material alone.
Sometimes finding what works best for the student takes trying different methods. There is no right way or wrong way to homeschool. Thats why I like homeschooling, it really is taylored to the student not to a group.

0 comments: